Thursday, February 01, 2018

Damn Careless Drivers!

I thought Feb. would be a good but at the same time challenging one because I won't have many days left for the damn course I have taken but I expect to, maybe, I'm saying maybe receive a message regarding my interview or again maybe I get an interview and a better job so I don't have to come home like a dead man as a result of working like a horse.
All the above was shattered when I went to a different location of the company I work for to talk to those guys for an upcoming working day there. I'm in the building and a guy is showing me around and then a gentleman, the very same one that I saw a minute ago leaving his office after turning the light off, appears before us and asks me if I drive a Toyota. My answer is yes and he says that he hit me from behind!
I couldn't believe the shit! How could you freaking a parked car in bright day light and while it's the first thing you see when you leave the damn building, even before your own damn vehicle!? He says that it was at a blind spot! I was going to say that he was probably half-blind! The distance between my car and his was at least 10 m. (or for the ones who deal with Imperial measuring system, 33 feet). So even if you drive a big truck, unless you're careless, you wouldn't hit that.
I try to control myself and I even apologized to him for being a little harsh but inside me I called him a f**king idiot several times(!) because you are and that's why you didn't see a big car like that. It's not a freaking scooter! 
We then went to a collision center and after nearly 40 min. the damage was estimated at around $1100. The damn rear fender should be replaced as well as a few inside items and the car should be left with them for two days. The guy paid for that with his credit car because going to insurance would be more expensive for him in a long term. I still have to wait for their call because they will order the parts and then I will have to take the car there for repair and get the courtesy vehicle. 
(Picture: I don't know how bad a driver this guy is because the impact of the hit was so immense that pieces of bumper were thrown away 2 feet away from the spot that the car was hit! These two are collected by me and brought home)

No comments: