Thursday, February 08, 2018

A Real Beautiful Winter Day

It has been cold since the start of the week. When I say cold, I don't mean -1 ℃ and not even -10℃. This is not considered cold in Alberta unless you're a whining wimp(!) like many here in Calgary! It barely went up -12℃ and was mostly bellow -15℃ without considering wind-chill. 
I had to be out for a few minutes at work and that is separate from the time I normally have to spend outside in the morning to clean the vehicle before I start and go to work. That is because I don't want to pay $50 to the bastard landlord for the damn parking and I've never regreted that. 
I felt really cold when I was outside but it was OK because it was not more than, perhaps, 20 min. and I frequently went back in and came outside. I went for two walks of at least 1 hour on Sun. and Mon. and I was almost OK. It was so beautiful and I wish I could take a few photographs but I needed my good Canon camera and my tripod and bringing them out of the closet and preparing them required patient and motivation. Two things that I don't have at the moment!
Today, though was the most beautiful one. I saw probably 20 cm (0.65 foot) of snow on the car(!) and the roads were very slippery. The temperature never went above -17℃ during the day. Not for a minute. In the afternoon when I got the car again to leave work, there was another, at least 5 cm of snow on it and the roads where more slippery but beautiful at the same time. The vehicle didn't have much problem except for a few spots that slid. This means that if I survive this winter, I will really have to prepare it for the next one.
(Photo: Cars are basically buried under snow and there's a frozen wall next to them, at least 50 cm. Almost impossible to get out of this spot. I hope I can update this picture in a future post)

No comments: