Tuesday, September 26, 2017

PARE

I did PARE in one of Alberta's town as part of a Government job application last week. It was fairly easy for someone like me who has done POPAT, COPAT, FORCE TEST 1 and FORCE TEST 2 and tons of other physical activities and tests. However I should not ignore the age fact. There were 8 to 10 people in the session altogether and I think there was only one close to me or slightly better than me. 
Unlike always I was a bit nervous before the test and that was not because I thought I would not be able to do that. It was because of the silly injury I got in the stupid job I've taken. My left knee hurt a lot and I used Voltaren to ease it's pain. 
Except for one guy, all of the others were out of shape. There were two hot Caucasian girls who were amazing in shape and look but struggled in the test. I assume they passed both eventually. 
PARE is fairly easy fitness test to pass unless you're really out of shape. I got 03:36 and I had one mistake. The time to beat is 04:45! I had over a minute to waste on the damn test, if I wanted to! I'm sure I could get a result of even less than 03:15 easily but I didn't see any reason why I should push myself that hard. 
I submitted my online application the very same day and now all I have to do is to wait and keep applying for other jobs while I'm doing this silly one! The other thing I'm thinking about is perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea if I applied for as many jobs which require PARE as a requirement as possible since this result is valid for 6 months! What do you think?!
(Photo: Physical Abilities Readiness Evaluation test is a combination of running, jumping, going up the stairs, pulling and pushing weight and eventually lifting weight. For some reason it felt much easier to me compare to COPAT that I did more than a year ago. Readiness?)

No comments: