Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Five Years Driving Abstract

There were days that I was writing because I didn't have much else to do. Or was not in the mode of doing anything else, perhaps! I  of course had things to do but instead of doing them, building a structure for my life, I didn't do them and wrote in this weblog! Then there was a time that I could make my life a bit easier but constructing a solid structure, late 2012, early 2013 and even 2014 but disagreement between me and The Lady prevented that. It's the history now but at times I'm writing here because I'm too tired and don't want to do anything else. Writing helps me to focus on something else than the things that I've done all day long and can't do them anymore. 
This short story is one of them. I had to get my 5-year driver's abstract for one of these positions that I had applied. It cost me some $28 and then I found out the only infraction I have had was the U-turn that I made once near Chinook Center and it appeared to be the time that a police officer was passing by and he caught me! I never knew that such a U-turn is a traffic violation and in fact The Lady had told me to do that and said there was no problem because there was no sign. The officer, though, said something else: Despite the lack of sign, which didn't have to be there, Traffic Safety Act clearly forbids that. So It means I'm a good driver. I would have not done that, had The Lady not said that it was OK. I actually challenged her but she simply said that I should not have argued her and should have gone. I did it once when she was sitting beside me and then the other time I got caught. Good that it was an honest mistake. I don't remember how much the ticket was but I paid it without any delay! 

No comments: