Thursday, July 16, 2015

A bit of West Edmonton Mall

So we wanted to spend a few hours in West Edmonton Mall and for that reason we needed some rest after our hike in Elk Island National Park. I had booked a room in Four Points by Sheraton in Edmonton Gateway so we headed that way and it was not hard to find it. Upon arrival we were greeted by the receptionists but surprisingly they didn't have any record of my booking! The young lady tried both my confirmation number and surname but none of them worked. Eventually I went to their computer in the lobby and printed a copy of the confirmation e-mail I had received. 
We were given a nice big room with everything and clean bathroom. That would definitely be a hotel which I will be staying at, if I ever have to go to Edmonton
Many might not even look at things like that but I liked the ceiling decoration in part of West Edmonton Mall
Getting to West Edmonton Mall after a little breakfast (which was not of course served by the hotel) was not hard. The Lady wanted to do shopping so we checked all of her stores. 
The mall is nice and clean and majority of the brand you see everywhere else have big stores. we were there until 17:00 or so but we had to leave because we were driving back to Calgary
We wanted to go to World Waterpark I guess we were too tired for that and postponed it to another time. Generally and unlike some might say I liked West Edmonton Mall. Some say it is old so what? The only new mall closer to Calgary is CrossIron Mills and that is not such a big deal to me. It's just big. The only place I found it interesting in that mall is their Hockey Store and of course I've not checked their movie houses. They might be good as well. Nevertheless West Edmonton Mall is a place for fun and I will go there, if I get another chance. 
(Photo: The old ship in West Edmonton Mall has a nice view from distance as seen here)

No comments: