Sunday, April 19, 2015

NHL Playoff Fever

The Calgary Flames were able to clinch playoff for the first time since 2009 and the city is excited for that. I was not here in 2009 and I don't think I was even following much of the NHL back then. I was in Surrey struggling with life! Their first home game would be held today in Scotiabank Saddledome. The first two games were played against Canucks in Vancouver and the teams are tied at 1-1
My thinking is it will be a chaos tonight in Downtown if the Flames win. Will be the same even if the Flames do not win because there are always people who hate quiet and peace (!) but we'll see. The playoffs I remember goes back to 2004 when they went all the way to the finals and eventually lost to Tampa Bay
The Flames were quite a strong team back then comprised of skaters such as Iginla, Conroy, Leopold, Commodore, Kiprusoff and Turek. Today's team is comprised of young players that I barely know any but experts are very optimist about them and to my surprise they beat the Canucks in the first game in their home 2-1!
(Photo: A Flames Fan has hoisted a flag with the teams logo in Calgary. I hope he doesn't mind that I have used his property's photo for this post without his or her consent) 

No comments: