Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Spruce Meadows

A few weeks ago we had this little kid over. His parents had to work so we babysit for them. This kid is so much in love with horses that everywhere he goes just looks for them. So we decided to surprise him by talking him to Spruce Meadows somewhere his parents had never taken him!
He was so happy that he didn't know where to look at. We stayed 2 to 3 hours and he even got the chance to ride a pony.
It is said that more than 7000 people work in this industry in Alberta but I barely saw anything that you had to pay for in there, maybe serious races. You can wander around for hours and see different things, eat and watch without directly pay a penny but maybe that what the plan is. 
I have never been a fan of pets and animals. I like animals but I like them in the wild and free so these things never attracts me but I could see how passionately kids were petting the animals!
It's a fan place for animal lover and particularly horse lovers. I was just happy for the little boy.
(Photo: Kids are petting horses. One of the riders said that these poor horses were standing like this for over1 hour. Who says this is not animal brutality!?)

No comments: