Monday, February 03, 2014

Homemade Bread

I had been wanting to bake some bred for a long time so when I encountered a recipe in the last issue of Impact I decided to do it. Here is the recipe with its modifications by me(!):

  • 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour.
  • 3 1/2 to 4 cups warm Water.
  • 1 tablespoon Yeast.
1- Mix everything together in large bowl, cover and keep in the refrigerator overnight. I put it in, it was almost 14:00 hours and then took it out I guess 11:00 hours the next day! 
2- Cover the mix with a tea towel and let stand outside for another hour.
3- When you go back to it and remove the towel, you'll see a disgusting-look liquid which also does not smell very good. Use flour on your palms and mix as well as the bowl itself to be able to make a ball and get it out! At this moment the mix is so sticky and disturbing that you promise yourself that you will never bake any bread while you're cursing! 
4- Use a cooking sheet and put the ball in a container which could shape the ball. 
5- Preheat the oven to 475 ยบ F and bake for 30 minutes.   
6- Turn the oven off and let the bread stand in it for another 30 to 45 minutes.
7- Take it out of the oven and let stand in the room temperature uncovered.
8- Cut to thin slices. 

The bread is so delicious that I could not stop eating. That is amazing with almost everything. I tried with Salsa and Cream Cheese and it was wonderful. I will try it with Butter and Quince Jam and Peanut Butter and Date later on. Pay attention that there's nothing harmful in this bread: No Salt, no Sugar and no damn Fat. Just pure bread. 
(Photo: Homemade Whole Wheat Beard right out of the oven. Although the picture does not look very good but the bread tastes awesome. Next time I will take a nicer photo and will post it with what it's eaten with!)

No comments: