Thursday, November 28, 2013

Dr. Sleep

I bought The Shining DVD Set although I had downloaded the movie years ago, last week. I wanted a better quality. In fact it is one of my all time favourites and the set provides an extra disk which different people talk about this unforgettable piece of art. I also watched in old country years ago but with low picture and sound quality. There are still parts of the movie that I don't understand them. I guess that is the case with everyone who watches it, no matter how may time. The movie, as everyone know is based on Stephen King's novel of the same name but it has been changed in a way that King doesn't like it. He also showed his displeasure to Kubrick but I don't think it had any affect on him since he had purchased all the right of the book. 
I was doing a little search in the web about the movie and I realised that King has recently written a sequel to The Shining, called Doctor Sleep and now it is available in the stores. I guess everyone is waiting to see the movie, most likely with Danny Lloyd in his late 30s, I assume. Kubrick passed in 1999 and I remember watching Oscar of 2000 and there was tribute to him. So now the question is who would make the movie, if it was planned to be made, ever?! I'm not sure whether I should buy the book or just wait for the film because I just don't want to purchase it and put it in the bookshelf before finishing it like the other book
(Photo: Danny Lloyd as Danny Torrance between takes in Stanley Kubrick's The Shining. The new Stephen King's book, Dr. Sleep is about this character years after his struggles in Overlook Hotel)

No comments: