Thursday, June 07, 2012

Ray Left the World

I have vague memories of Fahrenheit 451when first it was shown on IRIB many years ago, perhaps more than 25 years! the movie which is based on Ray Bradbury's story with the same name was made in 1966 by the great French director, the late Francois Truffaut. Then once I rented it from a Rogers Video store, which has been turned to a restaurant called Cibo here in Canada in 2004 or 2005 back to the time I used to live with The Microbe. I did not get a good chance to watch the movie really well although I had it rented for a week.
Ray left this world two days ago after 91 years of living. His another story which the movie A Sound of Thunder is based on, is amazing as well although the movie did not attract many people's and cretics' attention.
I checked HMV and realized that Fahrenheit 451was available. I should add that to my collection and watch it again but I might check other sites as well to see if I can get a better deal on this movie.
(Photo: Bradbury in 1959)

No comments: