Sunday, February 19, 2012

Witness for Prosecussion


For years I had heard the name of a German actress over and over, Marlene Dietrich but had not seen any movie of hers until last night. I was playing with the remote after dinner and stopped in a channel which was showing a black and white movie from 1957. The movie was Witness for Prosecution staring the above actress and Charles Laughton which was known to me at time. It was a good movie and although a few minutes had passed from the beginning, we continued watching it to the end. Dietrich's role is an aggressive and proud woman who is trying to trouble the guy whom she lives with and testifies against him. To the last minute of the movie everything goes the way that movie follows. There is an evidence that the woman is lying and she is being accused of perjury, the man, the one who assumes is her husband is found innocent by the jury and everyone is happy. But right at the moment that everybody's leaving the theatre it appears that all the woman's act was actually a play to trick the jury, the prosecutor and the judge to save the love of her life! This is the first flip! Then a woman shows up and shows her affection to the alleged guy. Dietrich is astonished seeing that the man who she would be accused of perjury actually is in love with another girl and care less about her situation and her jail time! desperate of the situation, Dietrich grabs a dagger-like knife (which I do not know why was there on the courtroom's table and stabs the guy in the stomach and kills him! This is the second and last flip. Now the prosecutor, Laughton calls for another trial, not perjury but murder but the German actress who plays a German woman who had been brought to England from a ruined Germany after the Second World War. pretty interesting. And this magic has been created by nobody but Agata Christie and directed by Billy Wilder! Enough said about it better get the movie and watch it as I would if i could!
(Photo: Charles Laughton as the prosecutor and Marlene Dietrich as the witness in the final moments of the movie)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grееtіngѕ frοm Ohiо!
ӏ'm bored at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you provide here and can't wait to take а look ωhen
I get homе. Ӏ'm amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even uѕing WIFI,
just 3G .. Anyways, аmazing blog!
Feel free to visit my site : runescape monster

Anonymous said...

Hi! Τhis iѕ my firѕt comment herе ѕo I ϳuѕt wantеԁ to gіve a quiсκ ѕhout
out and tell уou I tгuly enϳoy reading yοuг articles.
Can you ѕuggest аnу other blοgs/websіtes/foгumѕ that coveг thе same topicѕ?
Thankѕ for уour timе!
My page :: free CMS Hosting