Tuesday, February 08, 2011

You Don't Need A Patch On Your Arm To Have Honor.


I was thinking of pursuing a police career after just 2 weeks on this job. First of all this job is temporary and who knows they will kick me out. This company is hiring like they're recruiting for Iraq War! Everybody's welcome! I just saw 3 people joining the company after me! I don't really know how they afford to pay these many! In the other hands I know that if the company has to pay them just for a short period of time, like 2 to 3 years, they won't be a problem.
The second reason is all I do, and everybody else does, is sitting at a desk, reading, typing and talking and the most. The majority of time they do nothing! If I don't start my exercises soon, I'll gain lots of weight and my problems with Cholesterol, Fat and Uric Acid start again!
Nevertheless the pay is good and according to the contract might be increased. If I join any police force, I not only lose a big chunk of money but also have to deal with young kids and asshole rednecks! But when a cruise passes and I see the guys in the uniform, I get encouraged again. But again I remember what Tom said in that great movie, A Few Good Men: You don't need a patch on your arm to have honer.
(Photo: Jack Nicholson as the commander of the US base in Cuba presents a astonishing performance in the movie)

No comments: