Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Hurt Locker


I heard about this new movie, The Hurt Locker a couple of weeks ago when I was checking Oscar nominations. I decided to rent or buy it as I noticed that the movie had received so many positive reviews. Then I watched it in three sections in between Olympics events.
I wasn't much impressed. It's just a war movie and not even as exciting and real as many recent war movies in the past few year. We all have watched Saving Private Ryan, Flag of Our Fathers, Letters from Iwo Jima, Platoon and so on. The Hurt Locker has nothing but a new type of war that might be interesting to the audience: The roadside bombs war.
The screenplay in average, the acting is average and the cinematography is bellow average. So why did they make a big deal out of it? May be because show the violence in Iraq which has not been on the screen before. For me, who's a big movie buff with a collection of more than 250 titles, it's not worth watching again, forget about buying!
(Photo: Jeremy Renner as Sergent James in the last minutes of the movie)

No comments: